This blog I am going to contract on doofs which differ from raves in that they are usually weekend event in held in remote location in the bush. I am going to look at the type of people that attend these events.
Here is a abstract of a article from D. Tramacchi article Field Tripping: Psychedelic communitas and Ritual in the Australian Bush the journal expains the authors expercience at such event:
The attendants seemed to be 18-40 years old, with the majority being in their
late-20s to mid-30s. The gender distribution was approximately even, but with
slightly more males. All the people with whom I spoke appear d highly literate,
culturally aware and socially condent. There was at least one child (under 10
years, female) , one older man (late 50s ) and one canine. We saw the cows in a
distant paddock the next morning.
This reltates gives some insight into the demographics that attend these events it also states throughout the article the mixture of different communities that inhabit these events.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment